I'll tell ya how much I love being outside this time of year. Last weekend I knew I wanted to ride and do yardwork on Saturday. I freaking hate the treadmill. But, I knew if I wanted to get my long run for the week in that it was gonna have to be on the mill so I could ride in the afternoon. I ran 7.5 miles on that damn thing. Turned on the new Footloose movie (which I wanted to hate so bad cause I loved the first one so much) and I thought it was great! It helped to pass the time and I got it done so I could do other stuff in the afternoon. Hopefully I will not have to do a repeat of that anytime soon though. Outside is much better for running!
Here's a little recap of what you've missed in my life since I last blogged. (Which was forever ago and you'll soon realize that nothing exciting has really happened in my life cause I'm boring.)
1. Calving has hit full force. We're getting tons of babies so everyone is super busy and running around like idiots most of the day.
2. Knight helped pull his first calf and proceeded to tell me that he'd stuck his arm up a cow's "you know what". Super impressed with himself.
3. Scarred my nephew for life when he witnessed his first calf bed falling out and having to help push it back in so Wade could sew her up. :) Good times.
4. Laid down the freakin law with the boys because their potty mouths were getting out of hand!! It's been so much more pleasant around our house the last week since I threatened them with their lives. :)
5. Knight turned 8!! Holy crap I still can't believe that I have an 8 year old. People are going to quit believing that I'm only 25 here pretty soon. :)
6. Kohl stole Knight's old horse and told Wade he would sell him his horse "Pete" (which is Wade's horse anyway). When I asked him what he was going to sell him for he told me he was worth $43. Anyone wants a really good ranch horse for cheap you might want to hit Kohl up!!
Well, told you that would bore you to death. I'll try and liven things up a bit around here so I have something exciting to blog about. The boys and I are headed to Fort Collins this weekend for